Sometimes, when referring to the current administration, people note “it’s not as bad as we thought it would be”.
However, you know who’s NOT saying that. Scientists. Nature recently wrote in an article:
“After 12 months in office, Drumpf’s impact on science can be neatly divided into two categories: bad things that people expected, and bad things that they didn’t.”
- The US withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement
- Regulatory rollback across government (environmental agencies in particular)
- The now record-breaking failure to appoint a science adviser
- Cut off funds to organizations abroad that promote public health but mention abortion
- Weakened restrictions under the Toxic Substances Control Act
- Censored the use by government agencies of phrases such as “evidence-based” and “climate change”
- Advisory groups, including one on HIV/Aids, have been disbanded
- Scientists with Environmental Protection Agency grants have been banned from serving on the agency’s advisory boa
Want to know more? Read about it here!